Tuesday, July 24, 2007

guard your heart

had a long heart-to-heart talk wif cuzy John last nite..
he even prayed a prayer for me.
i was very touched i teared.

it was very heart-warming and sincere. so genuine.
thank u cuz for that chat. i really needed it.
u've always been my reality check. but we hvnt had such conversations in a really really long time.
at least 1 thing's for sure, we still hv that bond.
and i thank God for that.

thanks for listening and thanks for understanding.
on top of it all, thanks for not judging.

i do realise i hvnt been very Christ-like in recent yrs.. mayb the past 1 plus yr or so.
thats sad. very sad.
but now that i've noticed it. it's time to turn things ard.
a change of lifestyle perhaps.
i need a direction and i tink only God can help me.
i believe he will help me.

he's been my guiding light, my guiding star.
without him, i am nothing.

i like this phrase: "guard your heart"
it's true. if u dun guard ur own heart, who will?
u are accountable and responsible for urself at the end of the day.
never blame anyone or anything when smthg bad happens.
humility is a virtue. i sure hope i have some of that.

striving to be Christ-like isnt going to be easy. but nevertheless i must endeavour.
"my yoke is easy, and my burden is light"
this is wad im constantly being reminded of.
if Jesus can die for our sins so painfully and willingly, why cant we carry our little crosses?
why keep complaining and blaming God?

i need to learn to trust and put my whole faith in God once again.
i noe it is difficult but i must do it.
as my favourite hymn goes: "but it goes against the way i am, to put my human nature down, and let the spirit take control of all i do. but when those trials come, my human nature, shouts the things to do, and God's soft prompting can be easily ignored."

the whole entire song is just so beautiful and it describes exactly what i am, and how i think.
i shall be in search of the lyrics and post it once i get my hands on them.
im off to bed now it's gonna be quite a long week ahead!
i wonder wads in store! :)
projects that's for sure! haa.
time to catch up on studying too.
no time to lose!

goodnite! (",)

No comments: